Residence Life Housing Forms

If you are interested in becoming a desk assistant, volunteering to help students move into housing, or need a form for housing, you are on the right page. 

If you have any questions or can't find what your looking for contact the Office of Residence Life at 816-501-4663.

Break Housing:

Residence Halls remain open for Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, and Easter Break. Students remaining on campus during these breaks must register with the Residence Life Office, by 4:30 pm. on the Tuesday prior to the break.  Generally there is limited dining service during breaks.  Residents will be notified of dining times and available locations.  THV, OCH, and Rock Row properties will remain open during breaks and you must register for security purposes.
Break Housing

Desk Assistant:

If you have federal work study and are interested in a position with Residence Life, become one of our desk assistants.  A desk assistant works at the front desk in one of our residence halls and answers questions for students, and checks in visitors. If you have any questions, please contact Grant Carlson at 816-501-4126 or  Please fill out the application below.  
Desk Assistant Application
Returning Desk Assistant

FERPA and Residence Life:

Students 18 and older in the Residence Life System must have a FERPA waiver on file with the Registrar's office for us to release any information to a parent or guardian. Our office also deals with student conduct. We can not release information to parents or guardians unless the student has completed a FERPA waiver.

Finals Housing:

At times RU will provide housing for commuter students during finals. This will occur based on our population at that time of year. If you have received an email stating we have finals housing available, please sign up.

Housing Application Forms for Upperclassman:

Interested in applying for Rock Row, THV, or OCH?  Listed below are the forms you need to complete the process.  Please make sure all forms are turned in by the deadline.
2019-2020 Group Application Instructions

OCH Amenities

Leadership Transcript Form (PDF)

Housing applications for Off Campus Housing, Townhouse Villages and Rock Row can be accessed online through the site. You must login via the University portal in order to gain access to the applications.


Please come to Massman Hall (Residence Life ) for all hard copy applications.  

Housing Contract Agreement:

All residents are required to follow the conditions outlined in our Housing Contract Agreement - please take a few minutes to read the information.
Residence Life Contract 2018-2019
Residence Life Contract 2019-2020

Housing Damage Appeals:

To appeal your housing damage charges, please fill out the appeal form below.  All appeals are reviewed by a three-member Review Board of Appeals, consisting of a student and two staff or faculty members not employed by Residence Life. If your appeal is denied by the Board, the rationale for the denial will be provided in the Appeal Decision letter sent to you via your Rockhurst email address. All decisions by the Board of Appeals are final.  
Damage Appeal Form

Incident Report:

Our incident reports are for students to report information to the Residence Life head staff.  If you have a roommate issue, a problem with your room or floor, or if you have something positive to report, please complete the Incident Report.

Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Reporting:

Our discrimination, harassment and retaliation reporting form allows students to report incidents of this nature to the University. If you have experienced an incident involving discrimination, harassment or retaliation, please complete the Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Reporting Form.

Move-In Volunteers:

Move-In Day for Residence Life is August 17, 2018, beginning 7 am. and we always need move-in volunteers.  Our move-in volunteers help students and parents move items into our residence halls. This is a great way to meet our new students, welcome back our upperclassman, and meet their families.  Sign up here: Move in Volunteer


If you need to make a conference service payment please pay here: Payments

Residency Exemption:

Rockhurst has a residency requirement that requires all full-time students to live with their parents or on campus unless they meet one or more of the following conditions:

  • Students classified as a junior have completed (60 hours post high school) with at least a "C" average or who have lived on campus for four semesters
  • Students who are age 23 or older
  • Students who have completed active, full-time military service
  • Students who have a spouse or dependents living with them

Students who want to live with their parents must complete the residency exemption form below.  Please make sure you submit all paperwork as proof of residency. Students who do not return a housing application or a Residency Exemption Form will be assigned to RU housing. Students will be subjected to a prorated housing and meal plan if confirmation is received after the start of the academic year.  There is no Housing refund after the 4th week of classes for any given term.
Residency Exemption Form

Under the Age of 18 when moving into a Residence Hall:

If you are under the age of 18 at the time you move into a residence hall, your parents must sign the contract agreement form and mail it to the Office of Residence Life. 
The mailing address is: 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, Mo 64110.
Housing Agreement for Students under the age of 18