Transfer Student Information & Transfer Application

Students talking

You’re ready to make a change in where you earn your degree. Or maybe you’re still mulling it over. Know this — at Rockhurst we want to help you recognize your unique gifts, and we’re excited to get started. Whatever your dream is, Rockhurst can help take you there through learning, leadership and service in the Jesuit tradition.

Start your Application for Admission now

And you don’t have to do it alone. Our admission and financial aid counselors are ready to assist you in transferring colleges. Let’s walk through this together.  

Transferring College Credits

Good news, coursework from a regionally accredited college or university with a C or better can generally be used to satisfy Rockhurst degree requirements. Use our transfer wizard to quickly see how your credits transfer to RU.

Associate Block Transfer Programs

Apply your Associate of of Arts or Associate of Science degree towards one of RU’s more than 50 world-class bachelor’s degrees through our block transfer programs, and receive waived credit for all but three or four signature RU core courses. Keeping you focused on your major and graduating on-time.

When to Apply for College Transfers

We review applications throughout the year, but recommend you apply for transfer at least 60 days before the start of the next semester to take full advantage of our many transfer scholarships and financial aid opportunities.

Apply to Transfer to Rockhurst University

You’re considered a transfer student if you have completed at least 12 college or university credit hours. All you need to do is complete these three steps:

  1. Apply online for free. Just create a quick login ID and pin, then fill in the application fields.
  2. If you're looking to transfer into the BSN program please follow these steps to apply.
  3. Send your latest transcript(s) from each college or university attended to our director of transfer admission at 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110.
  4. Those students interested in transferring into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program, please follow these steps to apply.
  5. If you’ve completed less than 24 hours of college coursework, you must also send us your high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores. Some high schools include test scores on their transcript. If yours doesn't, you can call 319-337-1309 to request your ACT score or 609-771-7600 for your SAT score.

Quick tip: Transcripts must be official and in a sealed envelope. Usually, your school’s website will offer an online transcript request form.

Questions? Just ask!

Our goal is to make your transfer experience as smooth as possible. Answers to any of your questions are just an email or phone call away. Reach us at or 816-501-4600.