Transfer FAQs

Bell Tower

Can I afford to attend Rockhurst?

Rockhurst's tuition and fees are among the lowest of all Jesuit colleges and universities. And with several types of financial aid available, you're likely to find it surprisingly affordable. More than 97 percent of students receive financial aid, and the average transfer scholarship package is more than $20,000.

Who is considered a transfer student?

Applicants with at least 12 post-high school credit hours from an accredited college or university. If you are a returning Rockhurst student, learn about your application process

Will Rockhurst accept my college credits?

Generally, coursework transferred from regionally accredited colleges or universities may be used to satisfy Rockhurst degree requirements. The following types of credit will not be accepted:

  • Courses completed below a C- or equivalent at another institution
  • Practicum
  • Cooperative education
  • Field experience
  • Internship
  • Quality points earned at another school

Rockhurst will accept up to 64 credit hours from two-year junior or community colleges. Credits transferring from four-year colleges or universities will be evaluated on an individual basis. Refer to the Registrar's Office for more information about transferring credit, or meet with an admission counselor to discuss specific courses.

Does Rockhurst need my high school transcript?

If you have fewer than 24 credit hours, Rockhurst will need an official copy of your high school transcript.

What kind of university is Rockhurst?

Rockhurst is a comprehensive university that offers more than 50 graduate and bachelor's programs taught by nationally recognized faculty. The University's Jesuit, Catholic tradition means that we are committed to helping students develop as a whole—intellectually and professionally, morally and spiritually.

Do I have to be Catholic to attend Rockhurst?

Students of all faiths and value systems are welcome. A little more than half of all Rockhurst undergraduates are Catholic. The rest represent a variety of religious beliefs and traditions.

How big is Rockhurst?

Rockhurst has about 3,000 students from 27 states and 8 foreign countries.

When should I apply for admission?

Our priority deadline for Fall is April 1st and December 1st for spring. You can apply after those dates but you will want to work closely with your admissions counselor to ensure we can get your documentation submitted in time. Learn more about the application process.

How do I apply for financial aid?

You should begin applying for financial aid as soon as you have submitted an application for admission. Keep in mind that you won't be awarded financial aid until you are accepted to the university. Your chance of receiving a more comprehensive financial aid package increases the earlier you submit a financial aid application. 

Applicants should submit financial applications by March 1 for priority consideration for federal and university funds.

Where is Rockhurst University located and how can I visit?

Our campus is located just a few blocks from Kansas City's famed Country Club Plaza. See our campus map and get directions to campus.

What majors and minors are offered?

Rockhurst offers a wide selection of undergraduate fields of study.

What is there to do at Rockhurst?

From outdoor concerts to theater productions to intramural sports, there is always something going on at Rockhurst. Attend film festivals, listen to prize-winning authors, poets and humanitarians, or join any of our more than 50 student organizations. Getting involved is a great way to develop leadership skills and meet people with similar interests. 

Beyond the doors of the University's tight-knit community lies the fast pace of an urban city. Kansas City abounds with cultural events and internship opportunities, and is home to five professional sports teams, a world-class art museum, the internationally acclaimed Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, lots of live music and plenty of good times.

Additional questions?

Contact a transfer admission counselor at or 800-842-6776. You may also request information to be mailed to you.