Conference Services FAQs

What are Conference Services' office hours?

The Office of Conference Services is open from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. If you are coming in to speak to someone, feel free to call and make an appointment.

Do I need insurance to stay on campus?

Yes. Rockhurst requires that conference organizers have liability insurance naming Rockhurst as a payee in the event of injury or damage to facilities. Rockhurst has partnered with TULIP Insurance to make this a simple and easy process. Call or email if you have any questions regarding insurance.

Is there Internet available?

Wireless internet is available to all summer conference guests who bring their own devices. More information about how to connect to the Internet will be provided to you and your group during the contracting process. 

Is campus security available?

Yes. The Rockhurst University security department is on duty seven days a week, 24 hours a day, and can be contacted at (816) 501-4010 or by simply dialing 4010 from any campus phone. Red and blue phones throughout campus a directly connect to Security dispatch. Campus security can provide escorts at night, and some minor vehicle assistance.

When is check-in and check-out?

Check with your conference planner about scheduled times for check-in and check-out.

Can we supply our own caterer?

The University does not allow outside caterers on campus due to an exclusive food service contract with Chartwells food services. To set up catering for your event, contact Chartwells at (816) 501-4011.

What are the university's policies regarding residential conferences, and where can I find that information?

View the Conference Policies regarding residential conferences.

Do we have to pay to park on campus?

Parking is complimentary for all our guests. See the campus map for more details about the locations of parking lots on campus.  

Is there an ATM on campus?

Yes. There is a UMB ATM located on the second floor of Massman Hall.

Are computers available for our use?

Due to our campus technology security, the university is unable to offer computer usage to anyone other than Rockhurst students and employees. However, there will be wireless internet available on campus for anyone who brings their own devices.  

Whom do I ask if I have a question about the building?

Conference assistants (CAs) work at the front desks in your building. The desks are located in the lobby of your building.

Should I bring an alarm clock?

Absolutely. The University does not offer a wake-up service to its guests and encourages everyone to bring the necessary devices for their stay.

Will I have a telephone?

Local telephone service is provided in the halls. However, guests need to supply their own phones if they wish to use this service.

Are there laundry facilities in the halls?

The basement of each residence hall is equipped with coin-operated laundry facilities.

Can I smoke or drink on campus?

All our conference facilities are tobacco- and alcohol-free. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on campus.  

When is housing available for conference groups?

Housing is available only during the summer, usually mid-May until July 31.

Is a campus map available?

Yes. See a campus map.

Where are bathrooms located?

In the traditional residence halls, community bathrooms are located in the center of each floor. Floors are separated by gender.

Can children be accommodated in the halls?

Children over the age of 10 can be housed in the residence halls. Because of fire codes, only two people, children included, may reside in a residence hall room.

I'm locked out of my room, and the desks are closed. What can I do?

Contact security by dialing (816) 501-4010, or 4010 on a campus phone, or use any red or blue phone, and an officer will let you into your room.