Legal Name Change

Individuals who have legally changed names can request to update their official name of record with Rockhurst University. Students can bring legal documentation of name change to the Registrar's Office in Massman Hall, along with photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.).

If you are an active, enrolled student and wish to update your name on your student email, Canvas classroom records, etc., you can do so by logging into your student portal at and submitting a request through the Help Desk application. Or, go directly to the Help Desk here:

Please Note: these changes can only be made once you have submitted documentation of your name change to the Registrar's Office.


We do not recommend sending documents through email as it is not considered a secure method of communication.

1.  Fax a copy of legal documentation and a copy of photo ID to: 816-501-4677.  This fax comes directly to the Registrar's Office.

2.  Mail a copy of legal documentation and copy of photo ID to: 
Office of the Registrar
Rockhurst University
1100 Rockhurst Road
Kansas City, MO 64110

3. Bring your documents to our office in person.


Call us at 816-501-4048 or email with any questions.