Our Job Openings page is primarily for staff positions and will be updated as positions become available and are filled.
Applications for faculty/adjunct positions should be directed to the appropriate academic department. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. If you would like to submit your cover letter and resume in response to a position you see listed on our Job Openings page, please reference the title of the position for which you are applying and send to the following address, unless other directions are specified in the advertisement:
Attn: Human Resources
1100 Rockhurst Rd
Kansas City, MO 64110
Resumes that do not identify the position for which the candidate is applying will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in Rockhurst University.
Rockhurst University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The positions below are the current job opportunities at Rockhurst University.
To apply, please follow the instructions indicated in the advertisement for the job.
The Rockhurst University Advancement Office currently has an open position for an Administrative Assistant. This highly visible position reports directly to the Vice President for Advancement. Duties include managing the Vice President’s calendar to include arranging meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes and providing timely follow up. In addition, the position supports the entire Advancement department by ordering supplies, processing purchase orders, reviewing monthly credit card statements and providing support for programs, events and mailings (e.g. nametags, set up databases, mail merges, postcards, assemble packets for meetings, typing, track RSVPs). Assists in effectively acknowledging gifts and sending appropriate greeting cards.
This position requires a candidate who has strong multi-tasking and communication skills and a sense of professionalism. Demonstrated skill in Microsoft Office applications required. Candidate should have 2+ years in supporting a senior manager. To apply, submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and names of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, Rockhurst University, 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110. Rockhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-verify.
Computer Services Department
This position will require the following duties to be performed:
- Design, develop, manage and maintain the web server architecture for the University’s public and private web presence
- Coordinate and collaborate with the University’s Public Relations and Marketing department to ensure web-based enhancements are thoroughly analyzed and meet the needs of all constituencies
- Maintain superior knowledge of web-based programming languages, relational database design and techniques associated with web development and management best practices
- Proactively seek technical advancements and be able to troubleshoot any technical issues that may arise
- Provide recommendations as to effective utilization of technology to meet organizational needs and directives
- Utilize excellent communication skills to provide prompt, thorough and organized responses to web-based inquiries
Qualified candidates must possess web application development experience in web programming languages, experience with web-based relational databases and content management systems and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment. Specifically, qualified candidates should possess excellent knowledge and experience with the following technical skill-sets or equivalent technologies:
- Django CMS (currently utilizing a customized installation) (or similar CMS)
- Python (preferable) or PHP/ASP.NET (will require self-training in Python)
- MySQL web databases
- Server/Hosting Configuration (currently utilizing Amazon Web Services)
- Linux (configuration and command line, currently utilizing Ubuntu)
- Code Repository Management (currently utilizing Github)
- Search Engine Optimization
Interested candidates should send cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com OR mail to Rockhurst University, Human Resources, 1100 Rockhurst Road, Kansas City, MO 64110. Rockhurst University values diversity and demonstrates this in campus initiatives. Rockhurst is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify.
Rockhurst University's security department has full time openings in Field Operations and Communications areas. Applicants must pass a background investigation, drug test, physical abilities test and an interview board. Only Field Officers are armed.
All positions involve shift work as well as weekends and holidays. Must be able to cover additional shifts that may arise. Due to the public safety responsibility of the security department, overtime will be mandatory for officers and dispatchers when need dictates. Experience is desirable but will train.
Interested applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, or pick up application packets available at the Security Department, 5401 Troost.
Rockhurst Univeristy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses e-verify.