Family and Alumni Weekend
Spend the weekend with friends, cheer on the Hawks soccer teams and reconnect with RU. There's something fun for everyone in the family!
Friday, Sept. 30, 2016
- 2 p.m., Ellen Spake Lectureship
- 3 - 5 p.m., Physical Therapy Alumni Educational Sessions
Arrupe Hall, Room 114 & 116
- 5-8 p.m., Welcome packet pick-up
Rock Room, Massman Hall - All guests are encouraged to stop by the Rock Room to check-in and pick-up your Family and Alumni Weekend packet.
- 5-8 p.m., RU Tailgate
Hopkins Parking Lot - Swing by for tailgate festivities, including an inflatable challenge course, a beer garden for those ages 21+, and a special surprise from Charlie Hustle.
- 5 p.m. Golden Hawks Society BBQ
- 5 p.m., Women's soccer vs. Quincy University
- 7:30 p.m., Men's soccer vs. Quincy University
- 9:30 p.m., Fireworks display - immediately following the men's soccer game.
Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016
- 10 a.m., Hopkins Skip and Run 5K
Start Line located next to Kinerk Commons. Lace up your running shoes for the annual Hopkins Skip and Run 5K sponsored by the women of Alpha Sigma Alpha and men of Pi Kappa Alpha. Runners and walkers of all skill levels are welcome. All participants will receive a t-shirt. Medals awarded to the top finishers. Race registration can be completed with other Family and Alumni Weekend registration. Cost is $15 per person. More information can be found at www.hopkinsrace.com.
- 11 a.m. Golden Hawks, Class of 1966, Campus Tour
Meet at Massman Hall Gallery
- Noon, Alumni Awards Luncheon
The Rockhurst University Alumni Association's annual award luncheon honoring the outstanding professional achievements, community service, and service to the University of its alumni.
- Noon, Rockhurst University/Research College of Nursing Student-Parent Luncheon
Research College of Nursing
- 4 p.m, Family and Alumni Weekend Mass celebrated by The Rev. Thomas B. Curran, S.J., president
St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church
- 5:15 p.m., Golden Hawks, Class of 1966, Cocktail Hour and Dinner
- 5:30 p.m., Class Reunion for all classes from the 1970s
All members of the 70s classes are invited to gather at the home of Marny Donnelly Sherman, ’75. Please visit www.rockhurst.edu/70sreunion
Sunday, Oct. 2, 2016
- Noon, Women's soccer vs. Truman State University
- 2:30 p.m., Men's soccer vs. Truman State University
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 816-501-4025 or email@example.com.