Part-Time & Work Study

Part-time Employment

Students seeking part-time and summer employment may search the part-time and summer job binders in Massman 3 or via their RU Career Account, a web-enabled database with a current listing of open positions with local employers.

Quick Forms & Links:

Work-study Positions

Campus work-study positions are available for student viewing. 

Important: You must be eligible for financial aid to qualify for a work-study position. Questions regarding your financial aid eligibility should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid in Massman 109 or 816-501-4536.

To apply for a work-study position, contact the individual listed on the job posting to schedule an interview. Once you have secured a position, you must submit the following to Human Resources (Conway Hall) in order to begin receiving a pay check:

Authorization Form for Students and Supervisors
Print and complete four (4) copies of the authorization form. Provide your supervisor with one copy, return one copy to the Financial Aid Office, keep one copy for yourself and return the final copy to Human Resources with the rest of the forms listed below. You can download and print a copy of the student worker authorization form by accessing the Intranet through the University portal via

Federal and Missouri/Kansas W-4 forms
Complete both federal and state W-4 forms, even if you were a student employee of Rockhurst University last year. Return both forms to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Download and print copies of the Federal W-4 form (PDF) and the Missouri W-4 form (PDF) . Kansas residents must complete the Kansas W-4 form too.

I-9 Form
All first time student employees must complete an I-9 form and must present a social security card or birth certificate and a valid driver's license or state ID card to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Non-citizens must present an alien registration card or passport. Download and print a copy of the I-9 Form. Also, please review them with your supervisor.

Computer Usage Policy

Rockhurst University is an E-Verify employer:
E-Verify Participation (English); E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (English); Right to Work (Spanish)

Recording Your Time

Students are required to enter their time worked in the PaycomTimekeeping System.  You will receive instructions on how to register when you submit your new hire paperwork in Human Resources.  You must record your time worked in Paycom or you can use the mobile app.  In order to be paid, your supervisor will be required to approve time worked in Paycom.  Student employees will not be allowed to work any hours after they reach the award amount indicated on their Financial Aid Award Notification Letter.  Once you reach your Financial Aid allotment, Time and Attendance access will be suspended until your supervisor contacts the Payroll Department.  At this point, you should discontinue working unless you are notified by your supervisor.

Students are paid bi-weekly.  Time worked must be entered into the Paycom timekeeping system by logging in and clocking in & out.  Supervisors need to approve time every Monday before 9:00 am to ensure timely payroll processing.

Instructions for recording your time worked in Paycom and utilizing the mobile app as well as student payroll dates can be found on the Intranet through the University portal via

Direct Deposit
You can enroll in direct deposit to have your paycheck automatically deposited into a designated bank account. A voided check must be attached to the direct deposit form and returned to the Human Resources Office in Conway 102. You will receive a check for the first payday following enrollment in the direct deposit program, then all other checks following will be direct deposited. Paystubs will no longer be distributed to you after enrolling in direct deposit. You may view your paystubs using the Paycom.

The direct deposit form and instructions can be found on the Intranet through the University portal via