Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a Communication or Business Communication major will:
- Demonstrate the ability to create strategic written and oral messages within the contexts of interpersonal, group, organizational, public, and mass media.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and respect differences in communication situations across diverse contexts in our globalized society.
- Conduct original research and critically evaluate existing theory and research.
- Explain how the discipline of communication contributes to the understanding of the human condition.
- Identify and strategically use communication theory and skill to improve leadership practice.
- Analyze the communication of world, national, and local leaders in multiple spheres and explicate the verbal and nonverbal behaviors that lead to success.
- Exhibit intercultural competence when interacting with those of different races, ethnicities, nationalities, and social classes, and encourage others to do the same.
- Think critically, creatively, and compassionately and use communication skills to individually and collaboratively solve problems.
- Articulate knowledge of ethical decision-making frameworks