The following process must be followed to schedule/register events in all on-campus space, with the above stated exception for classrooms and Athletic facilities. **Meetings/events must be registered at least two weeks in advance.
- Check out the University Calendar before selecting your event date to make sure it does not conflict.
- Fill out Event Registration Form (2 Weeks Prior to Event) to get approval to host the event.
- If Approved, an email will be sent within 24 hours to the ‘Event Contact’ and the Physical Plant Office for your organization to have the ability to make reservations with Physical Plant, Computer Services, Sodexo, ect.
Make Room Reservations with Physical Plant
Located in Conway 4th Floor, Room 403; (816) 501-4649
Access Schoolbuilding.com to make all arrangements and requests. (you may access through my.rockhurst.edu)
Any student organization meeting or event held on campus must be registered/scheduled through Physical Plant (exceptions include Athletic facilities and Classroom buildings; these are scheduled through the Athletic department and Registrar’s office, respectively). Policies and procedures pertaining to event registration are included below. Physical Plant staff provide assistance with event planning, including room set-up, audio-visual services, grounds-related needs, etc.
**Physical Plant arranges all non-academic facility reservations (rooms and spaces in Massman Hall, Party Barn, Mabee Theatre, Rock Room, and Convocation Center.
Make all academic facility reservations
(Conway, Sedgwick, Van Ackeren, Science Center, etc.) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve catering needs with Chartwells
Kathleen McHale, Dining Services at Kathleen.email@example.com or 816-501-4001
Sodexo is the exclusive caterer for the Rockhurst campus. Sodexo must provide all beverages or food items served at an event hosted on-campus. Any exceptions to this rule must be obtained in writing directly from Sodexo.
**Arrange all catering on campus with Sodexo. All food must be used through Sodexo or a written form from them saying you can you outside company.
Audiovisual needs (AV)
Computer Services is responsible for supplying AV equipment for campus events. In the event that they do not have the necessary equipment they will have to outsource the request. Any fees associated with the outsourcing will be charged to the student organization’s account and are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization. Any AV needs should be selected on the event registration form.
Please use myschoolbuilding.com or visit the Computer Services Helpdesk located in Conway 4th Floor or (816) 501-4357.
**Input all set-up and tear-down requests and request all A/V equipment on this site.
Make Security Arrangements
Bill Evans Chief of Security or Sergeant Bill Diamond
Located at Rockhurst Security Office or at 816-501-4010
**They will provide security for your group while on campus and assist with guests to the proper location and provide parking accommodations if necessary.
- If you have a speaker or special guest to campus, you must turn in a Contract and Payment Request Form; located on the Student Life website. This must be turned in with your Event Registration Form at least 4 weeks before your event.
- Obtain a Purchase Order (PO) for anything over $500.00 before making a purchase. This form can be filled out in Student Life Office.
- Publicize your event, and get posters approved in Student Life. Please make sure to follow the Posting Policy.
- Once your event is Approved, Student Life will post your event on the University Calendar.
Policy for On-Campus Events
- All events must abide by and follow the policies outlined in the Rockhurst University Code of Conduct and the Rockhurst University Risk Management policy.
- All student organization events must be approved by the Office of Student Life through completion of the event registration form.
- All events sponsored by Rockhurst student organizations are open to only Rockhurst students, faculty, and staff. Outside guests are not allowed at student organization events, unless arrangements are made in advance with the Office of Student Life.
- If outside guests will be in attendance, a complete guest list must be provided to the Office of Student Life 24 hours prior to the event.
- In some cases, outside performers will ask that friends, family, or local fans be allowed to attend the event. In general this is acceptable; provided names are presented 24 hours prior to the start of the event.
- If an event requires Rockhurst Security personnel to be present those arrangements should be made in advance with the Director of Security. In some cases a fee may be associated with having Security personnel; any fees associated are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- Any damages caused to the facility will be assessed to the organization that reserved the space.
- Rockhurst University reserves the right to restrict any item that it deems, in its sole discretion, a security risk or an inappropriate item for each event.
- All other rules, regulations, and policies of the University shall remain in full force and effect.
- In the event that problems occur during an event, Rockhurst retains the right to not allow future events.
- Alcohol is not to be present at any event that is sponsored or financed in part, or whole, by the Student Activity Fee. Exceptions can be granted by submitting a written request to the Director of Student Life.
Recognized student organizations may invite any outside speaker(s) to campus for closed-forum, open-forum, or public presentations, providing that they adhere to the following guidelines:
- The message of the speaker(s) contributes to the educational goals of the University.
- The speaker(s) is approved by the organization’s moderator.
- The sponsoring organization claims responsibility for any effects following the program or conduct of the speaker
- There is no clear or present danger of physical harm to the speaker(s) or those in attendance.
- Advertising for the speaker(s) must explicitly state the name of the sponsoring organization and the audience for which the presentation is intended
In general, all outside events or performances should have a signed contract on file. If an event requires a contract it must be submitted to the Office of Student Life for approval and signature. Students are not allowed to sign contracts to commit the university or their student organization to host a performer or event under any circumstances. In the event that an individual does sign a contract; the individual signing the contract will be held responsible for any fees and requirements set forth in the contract.
Co-Sponsorships with Outside Groups
Non-Rockhurst student organizations are not allowed to reserve Rockhurst facilities for events. However, if a Rockhurst student organization is interested in co-sponsoring off-campus groups they may do so twice per semester (once per semester with the same group). All events must abide by and follow the policies outlined in the Rockhurst University Code of Conduct and the Rockhurst University Risk Management policy. In the event that problems occur during a co-sponsored event, Rockhurst retains the right to not allow future events.
In addition the following must also be followed:
- All off-campus co-sponsorships must be pre-approved in advance of scheduling by the Office of Student Life 30 days in advance
- Rockhurst University Security must be present at all co-sponsored events. Arrangements must be made prior to approval of event. In some cases a fee may be associated with having Security personnel; any fees associated are the responsibility of the sponsoring organization.
- All events must be held in the Student Activities Hall. This building can be reserved by contacting Physical Plant at ext. 4649.
- No alcohol can be present
- Maximum ratio is two non-Rockhurst students per one Rockhurst student sponsored organization member for a maximum of 50 guests
- Guest list must be presented 24 hours prior to event to the Office of Student Life. Guest list available in Student Life Office.
- All events must end by 12:00 Midnight
- By signing up guests the Rockhurst student is accepting responsibility for the actions of their guests. In the event that their guests violate Rockhurst Code of Conduct Federal, State, or local laws the Rockhurst student is subject to adjudication for the behavior of their guests.
- In the event that problems occur during a co-sponsored event, Rockhurst retains the right to not allow future events
- Co-sponsorships are limited to twice a year/ once a semester with the same group