How to Start a New or Re-Register an Existing RSO
In order to start or renew an existing Registered Student Organization (RSO), please follow the steps below. Each step must be completed in order to be fully registered and maintain privileges. Benefits of registering as a student organization include: funding accounts, room reservations, organizational emails, website page, listservs, mailboxes, and event consultations.
Register or update your organization here.
If your organization is already registered and you need to update your Officer Information please click here. Officer Change
In order to be a registered student organization the following must apply/be completed
- Must register on line (select blue button above) and include a membership roster, have an advisor and submit the completed advisor agreement each year in the fall semester preferably by September 15 or as soon as the new organization has been approved through the Student Senate and Student Welfare Committee.
- Must have a minimum of two members attend the Back To School Workshop, Friday, Sept. 6, 2013, from 3-6 p.m., in the party barn and RSVP those members by Wednesday, Sept. 4, to Angie Carr Robinett (email@example.com). A maximum of four members per organization may attend the Back to School Workshop.
Registered Student Organizations (RSO's) must:
- Have at least ten (10) members (this can include officers)
- Have a President
- Have a Treasurer
- Have a faculty/ staff advisor from the Rockhurst University
- Have a minimum of two members attend the Back to School Workshop, Friday, September 6, 2013 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm, party barn and RSVP those members by Wednesday, September 4th to Angie Carr Robinett, Director of Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org (a maximum of four per organization may attend)
- Be comprised of Rockhurst University students
- Register as a student organization every year
RSO Officers must:
Be a full time enrolled student (12 credits for undergraduates, 6 credits for graduate students).
Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25.
Not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
All Members must:
Be enrolled in at least one class
- Complete and fill out a Membership Roster Template (XLS) and submit with the the online student organization registration form to Student Life (Massman 1).
- Turn in a signed copy of the RSO Advisor Agreement Form (PDF) to Student Life (Massman 1).
- Submit a copy of your current Constitution electronically ( Model Constitution (PDF) ) to Student Life
Registration Paperwork Timeline:
Registration Paperwork Deadline for the Fall is rolling, however allocation money will not be transferred and you won't be able to reserve rooms until the paperwork is completed and at least two members have attended the Back To School Workshop. For organizations who have chapter rooms your membership will not be granted access until all of the above is completed, including the workshop and the room agreement is completed.
You may update your information at any time, including roster and change of officer form as it applies.
May 3: End of the Year Report Deadline to the Student Life office; Click
Step 2: Approval Process
- Once paperwork is submitted, it will be checked with the information and will be approved in the following steps:
• Student Senate (Greek interest groups must go through IFC or Panhellenic respectively and be approved prior to moving onto the Student Welfare Committee)
• Student Welfare Committee
• University President
- If there are issues, Student Life will contact the organization regarding the issue.
- If documents are not approved by either of the first two preceding groups, changes will be recommended to the petitioning group and documents may be resubmitted for approval. Upon authorization of the Student Welfare Committee, the Student Senate has the right to rescind recognition from a student organization if the group deviates from its stated purpose, violates their constitution, or no longer is able to remain active because of lack of leadership or student interest.
- Your president will receive an email when the organization has been approved.
Step 3: After Approval Process: Officer Orientation
- Two officers must attend an officer orientation session with Student Life
- Check http://www.rockhurst.edu/studentlife for the most current session times offered- beginning in August.