Stats and Facts
Greeks in the News
- Fraternity and sorority members are the largest network of volunteers in the US, donating 10 million hours of their time in service each year.
- There are 123 fraternities and sororities with 9 million members total.
- There are 750,000 undergraduate members in 12,000 chapters on more than 800 campuses in the United States and Canada.
- Greek alumni give approximately 75% of gifts given to universities.
- 70% of men and women in fraternities and sororities graduate from college, while 50% of non-affiliated men and women do.
- Greek organizations have raised at least $21.1 million for philanthropic organizations.
- 71% of those listed in “Who’s Who in America” are members of Greek organizations.
- Of the 50 largest corporations in the United States, 43 are lead by fraternity men.
- 44% of all US Presidents have been members of fraternities.
- 63% of the US President’s cabinet members since 1900 have been Greek.
- 31% of all US Supreme Court Justices have been fraternity alumni.
- 76% of US Senators and Congressmen are fraternity men.
- 50% of the top 10 Fortune 500 CEOs are fraternity men. 15% of Fortune 100 CEOs are Greek.