How to Start a New or Re-Register an Existing RSO
In order to start or renew an existing Registered Student Organization (RSO), please follow the steps below. Each step must be completed in order to be fully registered and maintain privileges. Benefits of registering as a student organization include: funding accounts, room reservations, organizational emails, website page, listservs, mailboxes, and event consultations.
Register or update your organization here.
Have at least ten (10) members (this can include officers)
Have a President
Have a Treasurer
Have a faculty/ staff advisor from the Rockhurst University
Be composed of Rockhurst University students
RSO Officers must:
Be a full time enrolled student (12 credits for undergraduates, 6 credits for graduate students).
Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.25.
Not be on academic or disciplinary probation.
All Members must:
Be enrolled in at least one class
- Complete and fill out a membership roster and submit with the the online student organization registration form to Student Life (Massman 1).
- Turn in a signed copy of the RSO Advisor Agreement Form (PDF) to Student Life (Massman 1).
- Submit a copy of your current Constitution electronically ( Model Constitution (PDF) ) to Student Life
Registration Paperwork Timeline:
Must be completed in May: Registration Paperwork Deadline for the Fall
January 31st: Update Registration Paperwork Deadline for the Spring
May 31st: End of the Year Report Deadline to the Student Life office; Click
Step 2: Approval Process
- Once paperwork is submitted, it will be checked with the information and will be approved in the following steps:
• Student Senate (Greek interest groups must go through Greek Council and be approved prior to moving onto the Student Welfare Committee)
• Student Welfare Committee
• University President
- If there are issues, Student Life will contact the organization regarding the issue.
- If documents are not approved by either of the first two preceding groups, changes will be recommended to the petitioning group and documents may be resubmitted for approval. Upon authorization of the Student Welfare Committee, the Student Senate has the right to rescind recognition from a student organization if the group deviates from its stated purpose, violates their constitution, or no longer is able to remain active because of lack of leadership or student interest.
- Your president will receive an email when the organization has been approved.
Step 3: After Approval Process: Officer Orientation
- Two officers must attend an officer orientation session with Student Life
- Check http://www.rockhurst.edu/studentlife for the most current session times offered- beginning in August.