First Year Experience
Rockhurst University welcomes all new students!
As Assistant Dean of Students and Director of New Students, I am here to help you in your transition. If along the way, you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. I will help you problem solve and make the appropriate referrals to other resources on campus. My goal is to have each new student become a graduate!
During your first year, be sure that you immerse yourself into Rockhurst and have the best possible experience. Following is a list of the top 10 traditions that every new student should experience during your first year:
1) Join your Orientation Team and attend all the events! Longest and most memorable Rockhurst tradition!
2) Sing along and enjoy your first weekend on campus at the Social Activities Board's Fall Concert !
3) Get connected during the first week of school by participating in Senate's Back to School BBQ and Student Activities Free Stuff Fair .
4) Meet tons of your classmates at Frosh Getaway!
5) Attend Mass of the Holy Spirit A tradition shared with all Jesuit universities.
6) Enjoy a weekend with family and friends during Family and Alumni Weekend in September!
7) Apply for a Spring Break Service Trip!
8) Attend all the Homecoming Week events, including the dance in October!
And most of all, don’t forget why you are here! Go to class and graduate!
And remember, I am available to answer any of your questions and meet with you individually about any issues related to your success, such as time management and personal and social challenges that may detract from your experience. Above all, we at Rockhurst welcome the opportunity to help you establish and achieve your personal goals!
Contact Sandy Waddell at 816-501-4689, email@example.com or just stop by Massman 7. No appointment necessary. I have an open door policy!
Sandy Waddell, M.S.Ed.
Assistant Dean of Students
Director of New Students and Retention Services
Massman Hall, Room 7.