Theme & Book
2013-2014 Theme Magis
(Latin for "more.") The "Continuous Quality Improvement" term traditionally used by Ignatius of Loyola and the Jesuits, suggesting the spirit of generous excellence in which ministry should be carried on.
We are committed to the examined life; therefore, we strive: To seek for a greater knowledge of all creation. To reflect on our own lived experience of the world. To discern the movements of our heart and reason. To listen to the experience of other people.
2013-2014 Book Selection
The Freshman Survival Guide - Nora Bradbury-Haehl & Bill McGarvey
Rockhurst University will mail each new student a copy of the book and you should receive it in the month of June.
- Wine to Water (2012) Doc Hendly Theme: Reflection & Discernment
- How Can I Find God? James Martin (2011) Theme: Finding God in All Things
- Tattoos on the Heart (2010)
- Warriors Don't Cry (2009)
- Better Off (2008)
- Enrique’s Journey (2007)
- Nickel and Dimed ( 2006)
- The Pact (2005)
- Warriors Don’t Cry (2004)
- Frankenstein (2003)
- Alive (2002)