Housing Requirements

Rockhurst University requires all full-time students to live with their parents or on campus unless they meet one of the following conditions:

  • Students classified as juniors having completed 60 hours post high school with at least a "C" average or who have lived on campus for four semesters at Rockhurst or another campus.
  • Students who are 23 years or older.
  • Students who have completed active, full-time military service.
  • Students who have a spouse or dependents living with them.

Meal Plan

A meal plan is part of the residence hall room and board contract. All students who live in Corcoran, McGee, or Xavier-Loyola (XL) halls are contracted to purchase a full meal plan each semester. THV and OCH residents can choose one of five options. Refer to dining services for meal plan options.

Transfer and Graduate Students

Students transferring to Rockhurst with more than 60 credit hours are also encouraged to live on campus. Incoming or current graduate students who are interested in campus housing should contact the Office of Residence Life to learn about housing options. Rockhurst has several housing options that are specifically suited for upper-class students.

Residency Exemption

Students with fewer than 60 credit hours who will be living at home with a parent and/or guardian, or who meet another of our residency exemptions, must complete this form  Residency Exemption Form (PDF) .   This form must be completed and returned before the start of your enrollment at Rockhurst. Please note documentation in the form of copies of a parent's state issued driver's license, vehicle registration, and voter's registration must accompany the exemption form.

Vaccination Requirements

As a student who will be residing in any on-campus residential facility, you must comply with the current vaccination practices as recommend by the American College Health Association and the Center for Disease Control. The required vaccination include:

  • Documentation of two MMR's (measles, mumps, rubella) or serum screening titer verifying immunity to Rubella
  • Documentation of meningococcal (Meningitis) vaccination OR a signed waiver (which we will provide) stating that you have received the educational information and have decided not to have the vaccination.  Please click the link to submit your information or waive the Meningitis vaccination:  .
  • Any student entering Rockhurst from outside the United States must show evidence of tuberculosis screening within 12 months. Positive screens must be treated. 
  • All students must be screened for tuberculosis (TB). All identified at-risk students must be tested. All positive tests must be treated.

The Recommended Vaccinations include:

  • Tetanus booster within 10 years of admission (strongly recommended for all adults)
  • Varicella vaccination (if there is not childhood history of chickenpox)
  • Hepatitis B vaccination (all incoming college students)