Dining Services strive to make your time dining with friends as special as possible. Supported by an award-winning culinary team, we offer flavorful food options to sustain your body and mind. Your needs are unique so let us know how we can enhance your dining experience. Please visit the Dining Services web site for menus, update information and/or catering services at Dine on Campus.
If you wish to change your meal plan you can change your plan at Meal Plan Change. If you would like to purchase a meal plan click on the following link: Purchase meal plan, flex dollars or declining balance dollars. After the third Friday of the semester, you may add flex dollars, declining balance dollars or change your meal plan to a higher plan but you may not lower your meal plan. You may not purchase additional declining meal plans but may add addtional declining dollars in $25.00 increments. You also may not purchase addtional blocks but may purchase additional flex dollars in $25.00 increments. Purchase flex dollars or declining dollars.
Thomas More Dining Room (All-you-care-to-eat Dining Hall):
Hearthstone Oven - A brick oven providing fresh made pizzas, calzones and strombolis.
Fresh Market - Our freshly made salad bar with fruits, vegetables and grains.
Bakers Crust - Made to order sandwiches - hot or cold.
Fresh Grill - Burgers and other grilled favorites.
Eat, Live, Lean - A cooked to order venue creating the art of social cooking.
The Kitchen - Your favorite home-style comfort foods.
My Pantry - Self-service specialty items from a fully stocked refrigerator.
Starbucks, We Proudly Serve
Massman Hall 1st Floor:
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Residence Hall Students
Students living in the residence halls are required to have a residence hall meal plan. Students may choose from one of the three meal plans described below.
- All Access plus $150 flex dollars per semester - This plan offers the most flexibility. Enjoy unlimited access in our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall plus $150 in flex dollars to be used at any on campus dining location, concessions and snack vending. $1800 per semester. Does not include any guest meals.
- 200 Block plus $200 flex dollars per semester - Enjoy up to 200 meals each semester at our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall plus $200 in flex dollars to be used at any on campus dining location, snack vending or concessions. $1700 per semester. Ten of your blocks (entries) per semester may be used for a guest to join you in the dining hall for a meal.
- 150 Block plus $300 flex dollars per semester - Enjoy up to 150 meals per semester at our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall plus $300 in flex dollars to be used at any on campus dining locations. $1600 per semester. Eight of your blocks (entries) per semester may be used for a guest to join you in the dining hall for a meal.
Block meal plans will not carry over from fall to spring semester. However flex dollars will carry over from fall to spring semester, but will end at the conclusion of the spring semester. Purchase meal plan, flex dollars or declining dollars.
OCH, THV, Commuter Students, Faculty and Staff
Students living in On Campus Houses (OCH), Town House Villiage (THV), commuters, faculty and staff may select one of the full meal plans described above or one of the following meal plans.
- 25 Block, plus $50 flex dollars per semester - Enjoy up to 35 meals per semster at our all-you-care-to-eat dining hall plus $50 in flex dollars to be used at any on campus dining location, snack vending or concessions. $300 per semester. One of your block (entries) per semester may be used for a guest to join you in the dining hall for a meal.
- $800 Declining Balance per semester - Enjoy the flexibility of a declining balance account to purchase food items from any dining location, snack vending or concession. $800 per semester.
- $535 Declining Balance per semester - Enjoy the flexibility of a declining balance account to purchase food items from any dining location, snack vending or concession. $500 per semester.
Block meals will not carry over from fall to spring semester. However flex dollars and declining balance dollars will carry over from fall to spring semester, but will end at the conclusion of the spring semester.Purchase meal plans, flex dollars or declining dollars
Block Meal Plan Equivalency Program (does not include All Access Plan)
Dining Services wants you have maximum flexibility in how you use your meal plan. With that in mind, you will have the option to exchange one block meal per day in exchange for the dollar amount below to be applied towards you retail purchase.
Meal equivalency rates:
Breakfast - $4.00 value
Lunch - $5.00 value
Dinner - $5.00 value
Dining Services During Break Housing:
We generally offer no food service during breaks. If food service is offered the times and locations will be limited. Students will be notifed prior to breaks of the locations and times of dining services. Dining Services will not accept block meals during breaks. Flex dollars, declining dollars, debit cards, credit cards and cash can be used. Please think carefully of how you spend your flex dollars and declining dollars through the semester if you will need to be here during breaks so you may purchase meals. Residence halls are open for fall, thanksgiving and easter.
Board Plan Cancellations and Refunds:
Prorated refunds for the current semester's meal plan (less a $150 service charge) will be offered when a student meets one of the follow conditions: enrollment withdrawal, change from residence hall assignment to THV or on-campus house, or complete withdrawl from the residence life system. No refund will of offered for Flex dollars carried over from prior semester (i.e. fall) or at the end of the meal contract period (typically the last day of semester finals).
Meal plans maybe cancelled (for anyone other than residence hall students) for the upcoming semester up to the end of the first week of the semester without penality. If you are still an enrolled student or employed faculty and staff member there will be a $50 cancellation fee after the first week of the active semester.
If you do not want to purchase a plan from the above selections, you will be able to add Hawk Dollars to your plan via the dining services web site at Dining on Campus or in person at the Thomas More Dining Hall. Please note a 10.35% tax will be added to the purchase of when purchasing in the Thomas More Dining Hall or via the dining services web site.
For catering please contact Dining Services at 816-501-4001.
Students living on campus that have medical issues derived by food allergens and have concerns regarding menus should contact the office of Retention and Access Services at 816-501-4689.