Off-Campus Housing

Not planning to live on Campus?

Freshmen and Sophomore students from the Kansas City area who will be living at home with a parent or legal gaurdian must complete and submit a Residency Exemption Form (PDF) . Forms must be submitted to the Office of Residence Life before the start of fall classes (students enrolling in spring semester must submit the form prior to the start of Spring classes). The residency exemption is valid until the start of the next academic year. Please note: documentation in the form of copies of a parent's state issued driver's license, vehicle registration, and voter's registration must accompany the exemption form.

Students who are graduating, transferring, or otherwise meet one of our Residency Requirements must complete the  housing return form (PDF) to have their housing deposit returned at the end of the current academic year. Any housing damages or fines will first be posted to students' account. Once the Deposit Return form is received the Office of Residence Life will credit your account after your room check out is completed. Credits are applied to any outstanding student account balances. The Business Office issues refund checks to students.

We hope your application process has been quick and easy. If you have further questions please contact the Office of Residence Life at 816-501-4663 or by email at