About the DPT Program
Rockhurst University's Department of Physical Therapy Education is committed to preparing competent, caring professionals. With a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree, you'll be ready to assist individuals in the prevention or treatment of impairments due to developmental deficits, physical illness or injury.
Our entry-level doctoral degree program integrates critical thinking, problem solving and ethics into the curriculum, preparing you for licensure as a physical therapist.
Why Study PT at Rockhurst?
- We Offer a Jesuit Education that Emphasizes Excellence in Teaching.
Instructors have advanced doctoral-level degrees and/or APTA approved clinical context specialization, with many maintaining current clinical practices.
- We Stress the Importance of Serving Others and Sharing Your Skills.
You'll participate in a number of community and clinically based service projects in Kansas City and beyond.
- You'll Develop Your Ability to Lead and Advocate for Patients and Clients.
You'll be provided with numerous opportunities to lead others and participate in advocacy projects through our our curriculum.
- Excellent Job Outlook.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for physical therapists is expected to grow 36 percent through 2022, much faster than the average for all occupations. Forbes has also ranked it No. 3 on the list of "The Ten Happiest Jobs."
- A new class of 48 students begins each June.
- Includes nine semesters of coursework throughout three academic years.
- Outstanding job placement and pass rate on the board exam.
- Students learn through lectures, in-class discussions, hands-on laboratory experiences, service projects, independent study, group projects and clinical internships.
- For those looking to develop their business skills in addition to PT skills, Rockhurst offers a DPT/MBA program.
The mission of the Department of Physical Therapy at Rockhurst University is to transform students into competent entry-level physical therapy practitioners who demonstrate a lifelong commitment to learning, moral responsibility and the values which serve as the foundation for professional practice. Program graduates will be committed to leadership, advocacy and service within the community and the profession of physical therapy.
Rockhurst University's physical therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 N. Fairfax St., Alexandria, VA 22314; 703-706-3245; email@example.com; capteonline.org.
Contact the Office of Graduate Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-501-4097.