The Rockhurst University Department of Education, part of the School of Graduate and Professional Studies, prepares teachers to hold a solid background in their chosen fields of study, to be knowledgeable and competent in the craft of teaching, and to bring well informed perspectives to bear on educational policies and practices. We develop educational leaders—teachers who are actively engaged in educational matters as reflective practitioners—who will be well prepared to assume a variety of roles in K-12 schools and other organizations.
The Rockhurst Advantage
- Work one on one with experienced faculty in small classroom settings, experience individualized advising, and close faculty mentoring.
- Convenient evening and daytime class schedules.
- Develop professionally and personally in the Jesuit tradition.
- Work with experienced and skilled teachers in metropolitan area schools through a variety of field experiences.
- Our Conceptual Framework (PDF) is the foundation for our fully accredited (PDF) Education Programs, and focuses on moral reflection, teaching for social justice and providing a liberal treatment of subject matter.
- Learn about the Electronic Student Portfolio, the development and culminating experience for your personal educational philosophy. Check out our new Department WIKI all about the Portfolio.
Find out more