Why Give?

By making a gift to Rockhurst, you lead the way for future Hawks.  You help define leadership in the Jesuit tradition as an overflow of spirit that inspires and influences others to join together to achieve worthy purposes.

Did you know tuition covers just 60 percent of the cost of a Rockhurst education? The other 40 percent comes from alumni and friends, like you, who lead by example with a gift to RU.

Your gift supports:

  • Academic programs
  • Scholarships
  • Service immersion trips
  • Honors program
  • Student research projects
  • Faculty development
  • Updated technology
  • Facility renovations and maintenance
  • Student life events
  • Campus ministry
  • Athletics
  • Campus beautification
  • Student activities

It is through gifts from alumni and friends that Rockhurst is able to continue to provide a world-class Jesuit education.

Here are just a few examples of what this generosity made possible last year:

  • 97 percent of students received financial assistance.
  • RU ranked fourth among Missouri colleges and universities for return on investment, and in the top 17 percent nationwide.
  • 85 percent of students participated in community service, resulting in 35,228 service hours donated to the community.
  • 97.9 percent of alumni surveyed reported that they were employed or accepted into graduate school within six months after graduation.
  • The construction of Fr. Pedro Arrupe, S.J., Hall — Rockhurst’s new academic building.
  • 90 percent of RU students said their Rockhurst experience met or exceeded expectations.
  • RU reported a fall freshman-to-sophomore retention rate of 87.6 percent, compared to 68.4 percent average for public institutions.
  • 35 percent of students conducted undergraduate research.
  • Rockhurst's Management MBA program was ranked No. 20 in the nation among U.S. News & World Report's 2015 Best Graduate Schools, alongside programs at Harvard, Stanford and Yale.
  • 35 percent of MBA students received a job promotion while in the program.
  • The Prosperity Center for Financial Opportunity exceeded its first-year goals, providing career guidance, financial coaching and income-support assistance to 135 people. The center also helped 19 clients improve their credit scores an average of 26.4 points, along with assisting 42 clients in finding jobs paying more than the defined livable wage in Jackson County, Missouri.
  • A makeover of the Thomas More Dining Room, along with addition of an Einstein Brothers Bagels, Subway, and an expanded Starbucks. These improvements have already helped bring a 25 percent increase in meal-plan purchases.

Thank you for leading the way. It is because of you that the Rockhurst experience is a lasting investment.