Rockhurst Commencement Weekend 2016
Baccalaureate Mass - 2 p.m. Friday, May 13, 2016.
(St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 1001 E. 52nd St., Kansas City, MO 64110)
Commencement Ceremony - 1 p.m. Saturday, May 14, 2016.
(Municipal Auditorium, 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105)
Rockhurst College was founded in Kansas City in 1910 with a charter from the state of Missouri empowering Rockhurst College to grant degrees. The construction of Sedgwick Hall in 1914 allowed the opening of high school classes in 1914; college classes began in 1917. The first class to graduate from Rockhurst College was in 1921. Just as the Jesuit order grew from the calling of one man into a worldwide force, so Rockhurst University has grown from the dream of a small, hardy crew of Jesuits into an institution with national reach.
Welcome to the Graduation Zone!
This site is designed to answer questions you or your family and friends may have about graduation or the Commencement ceremony at Rockhurst University.
You will find:
- Congratulations to candidates that have completed their degree requirements by December 2015, May 2016 or August 2016 who are eligible to participate in the May 2016 Commencement ceremony!
- Information on the Pinning Ceremony for the Research College of Nursing
- Event Details and instructions for the Baccalaureate Mass, Commencement ceremony and the Hawk Walk Reception
- Directions and information for your family and friends attending the ceremonies
- Information and links for Graduation Photos
- Click here for Lodging and Dining in the area
- Stop by Career Services (Massman 003) to check available resources to help you with your career transition.