Rockhurst Commencement Weekend 2013
Baccalaureate Mass - 2 p.m. Friday, May 10, 2013.
(St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 1001 E. 52nd St., Kansas City, MO 64110)
Commencement Ceremony - 1 p.m. Saturday, May 11, 2013.
(Municipal Auditorium, 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105)
Rockhurst University was founded in Kansas City in 1910 with a charter from the state of Missouri empowering Rockhurst University to grant degrees. The construction of Sedgwick Hall in 1914 allowed the opening of high school classes in 1914; college classes began in 1917. The first class to graduate from Rockhurst University was in 1921. Just as the Jesuit order grew from the calling of one man into a worldwide force, so Rockhurst has grown from the dream of a small, hardy crew of Jesuits into an institution with national reach.
Welcome to the Graduation Zone!
This site is designed to answer questions you or your family and friends may have about graduation or the Commencement ceremony at Rockhurst University.
You will find:
- Congratulations to candidates that have completed their degree requirements by December 2012, May 2013 or August 2013 who are eligible to participate in the May 2013 Commencement ceremony!
- Information on the Pinning Ceremony for the Research College of Nursing
- Event Details and instructions for the Baccalaureate Mass, Commencement ceremony and the Hawk Walk Reception
- Directions and information for your family and friends attending the ceremonies
- Information and links for Graduation Photos
- Special Discount rates have been offered by local hotels; The Hampton Inn and Suites Country Club Plaza, The Aladdin Hotel (located near Municipal Auditorium), The Q Hotel & Spa (in Westport) and Holiday Inn, Country Club Plaza. Click here for additional Lodging and Dining in the area
- Stop by Career Services (Massman 003) to check available resources to help you with your career transition.