Rockhurst Commencement Weekend 2016
Congratulations to all eligible participants in the May 2016 Commencement ceremony! Spring is an exciting time for upcoming graduates and their families, and we want to help you celebrate with the best possible Commencement experience. Find answers to all your Commencement questions here.
- Information on the Pinning Ceremony for the Research College of Nursing
- Event Details and instructions for the Baccalaureate Mass, Commencement ceremony and Reception at the Power & Light District
- Directions and information for your family and friends attending the ceremonies
- Information and links for Graduation Photos
- Click here for Lodging and Dining in the area
- Stop by Career Services (Massman 003) to check available resources to help you with your career transition.
Baccalaureate Mass - 2 p.m. Friday, May 13, 2016.
St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 1001 E. 52nd St., Kansas City, MO 64110
Commencement Ceremony - 1 p.m. Saturday, May 14, 2016.
Municipal Auditorium, 301 W. 13th St., Kansas City, MO 64105
Rockhurst College was founded in Kansas City in 1910 with a charter from the state of Missouri empowering Rockhurst College to grant degrees. The construction of Sedgwick Hall in 1914 allowed the opening of high school classes in 1914; college classes began in 1917. The first class to graduate from Rockhurst College was in 1921. Just as the Jesuit order grew from the calling of one man into a worldwide force, so Rockhurst University has grown from the dream of a small, hardy crew of Jesuits into an institution with national reach.