Freshmen in Business Seminar - BUS 1000
Instructor: John T. White
This course is designed to provide incoming freshmen with an overview of academic and social adjustment to college. Students are introduced to the missions of the Jesuits, Rockhurst University and the Helzberg School of Management. Additionally, students learn how the Rockhurst liberal arts core curriculum is an integral part of their educational experience, and how the theories, principles, and concepts studied in the core classes will be applied to life and the study of the business major. Students also meet formally and informally with faculty and staff, and are introduced to the range of student support services that are available on campus.
E-Chug Online Alcohol Program
The First Year Experience (FYE) at Rockhurst is designed to facilitate your transition to the University and it’s tradition of Jesuit education. Our hope is that through Rockhurst experiences, you will engage at every level of the university and be reminded time and time again of the 5 learning goals for your first year. These experiences will facilitate your progress towards becoming an educated person by connecting you with the people and resources of Rockhurst. They will also help in developing your learning skills and encouraging self reflection. The outcomes you can aspire to are academic, personal and spiritual success! Through these three seminar courses each class exemplifies the following learning goals.
FYE 5 Learning Goals
- Students will understand Rockhurst University’s mission and consider how they might respond to it’s call.
- Students will examine and enhance their academic skills.
- Students will become familiar with healthy habits and reflect upon how their choices affect their mental and physical well being.
- Students will explore possible majors, minors and careers in light of their gifts and passions and develop an understanding/ appreciation for the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum.
- Students will develop constructive relationships with faculty, staff and fellow students, and will become familiar with campus resources.