"Consider them both, the sea and the land; and do you not find a strange analogy to something in yourself? For as this appalling ocean surrounds the verdant land, so in the soul of man there lies one insular Tahiti, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by all the horrors of the half known life."
--Moby Dick, 1852, Herman Melville
- A.B., Saint Louis University, 1957
- Ph.L., Saint Louis University, 1959
- M.A., Saint Louis University, 1962
- S.T.B., Saint Louis University, 1966
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1972
The Rev. Oldani specializes in American Literature and frequently team teaches with members of the Modern Languages Department in special fields.