"while the imagination strains
going by fields of goldenrod in
the stifling heat of September
it seems to destroy us
It is only in isolate flecks that
is given off
and adjust, no one to drive the car"
--"To Elsie” in Spring and All, 1951, William Carlos Williams
- B.S., South Dakota State University, 1979
- M.Ed., University of Kansas, 1997
- M.A., University of Kansas, 1999
- Ph.D., University of Kansas 2006
- College Composition II (EN1120)
- English Composition (EN1140)
Dr. Volin directs the Rockhurst University Learning Center. Her literary interests are in poetry, specifically Williams Carlos Williams, the Imagist Movement, and the sonnet. She also has studied teaching English as a Second Language.