Research College of Nursing
Originally established in 1905 as the German Hospital Training School for Nurses, Research College of Nursing was founded in 1979 and admitted its first class in 1980. This institution, which provides students with training and education in the field of nursing, offers programs that lead to bachelor’s and master’s degrees. The Research College of Nursing has held its pinning ceremony for over 100 years. The pin has undergone several modifications since it was designed and awarded in 1906 to the first graduates of the School of Nursing. It summarizes pictorially the history and inspiration of the College. The Latin phrase in the center translates “We Help Humankind,” signifying the spirit of professional nursing. The inscription of both Research College of Nursing and Rockhurst University denotes the partnership forming the B.S.N. program. The current design reflects the tradition of nursing education at Research and the Baccalaureate program.
The Pinning Ceremony is Saturday, May 13, 2017, in the Kansas City Marriott Downtown (200 W. 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64105).
The ceremony begins at 10 a.m. with a reception to follow.
The phone number for the Marriott is 816-421-6800.
Directions to downtown Kansas City:
1. From RCN go West on E. Meyer Boulevard to Rockhill Rd.
2. Turn RIGHT on Rockhill Rd.
3. Turn LEFT on Volker Boulevard
4. Turn RIGHT on Brookside Blvd./Main St.
5. Turn LEFT on 47th St.
6. Turn RIGHT on JC Nichols Parkway. Becomes Broadway.
7. Take exit onto I-35 North to Broadway exit.
8. Turn LEFT onto Broadway.
9. Turn RIGHT on 12th Street.
From the North on I-29:
1. Take I-29 South to Broadway/Highway 169 Exit.
2. Take Broadway to 12th St.
4. Turn Left on 12th St.
5. Travel one block east and hotel is on the left