Part-time & Work-study

Part-time Employment

Students seeking part-time and summer employment may search the part-time and summer job binder in Massman 3 or via their RU Career Account, a web-enabled database with a current listing of open positions with local employers.

Work-study Positions

Campus work-study positions will be posted on Monday, August 17 at 8:00 am.

Important: You must be eligible for financial aid to qualify for a work-study position. Questions regarding your financial aid eligibility should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid in Massman 109 or 816-501-4536.

To apply for a work-study position, contact the individual listed on the job posting to schedule an interview. Once you have secured a position, you must submit the following to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid in order to begin receiving a pay check:

Authorization Form for Students and Supervisors
Print and complete three (3) copies of the authorization form. Provide your supervisor with one copy, return one copy to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid and keep one copy for yourself. Download and print a copy of the authorization form (PDF) .

Federal and Missouri/Kansas W-4 forms
Complete both federal and state W-4 forms, even if you were a student employee of Rockhurst University last year. Return both forms to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Download and print copies of the Federal W-4 form (PDF) and the Missouri W-4 form (PDF) . Kansas residents must complete the Kansas W-4 Form too.

I-9 Form
All first time student employees must complete an I-9 form and must present a social security card or birth certificate and a valid driver's license or state ID card to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Non-citizens must present an alien registration card or passport. Download and print a copy of the I-9 Form (PDF) form. Also, please review them with your supervisor.


Rockhurst University is an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation (PDF) (English); E-Verify Participation (PDF) (Spanish)
Right to Work (PDF) (English); Right to Work (PDF) (Spanish)

Time Cards
You will be given one (1) time card to submit each month for each pay period. You must record your actual time worked on your time card each day. All time cards are the property of Rockhurst University and must be left in the department where you are employed. Supervisors are responsible for turning these timecards in for their student workers.

In order to be paid in a timely manner, both you and your supervisor will be required to sign your time card before presenting it to the financial aid office for processing. Student employees will not be paid for hours worked in excess of the award amount indicated on their Financial Aid Award Notification Letter or for time worked after the period when the time card was due. Therefore, make sure your supervisor submits your time cards to the financial aid office each month in a timely manner.

Direct Deposit
You can enroll in direct deposit to have your paycheck automatically deposited into a designated bank account. A voided check must be attached to the direct deposit form (PDF) and returned to the financial aid office. You will receive a check for the first payday following enrollment in the direct deposit program, then all other checks following will be direct deposited. Paystubs will no longer be distributed to you after enrolling in direct deposit. You may view your paystubs using the ADP iPay system. Instructions for registering and using iPay are below.

Click here to view the instructions (PDF) .