The Jesuit tradition of Rockhurst University focuses on learning, leadership and service in addition to a rigorous core curriculum that is required of every student.
This approach produces graduates who are well-rounded individuals, familiar with the Kansas City metro community.
Whether you are looking for an accountant or a writer, the programs at Rockhurst University have graduates that fit your needs.
Explore the different specialties offered below, or learn more about how our Career Services office can make your recruitment process easier and more effective.
College of Arts and Sciences:
As the largest school within Rockhurst University, the College of Arts and Sciences covers a wide range of programs. Programs cover all the core areas: artistic, historic, literary, scientific, philosophical and theological.
Each program has its own unique strengths and experiences. Some overall advantages of these areas of study are:
- Participation in professional organizations through conference attendance and induction into honor societies
- The opportunity to conduct research as an undergraduate or assist faculty members in their research projects
- Exposure to greater cultural awareness through a film series, World Culture Day, opportunities to study and serve abroad, as well as many other unique events
- An ability to major in more than one area of study and still graduate in four years, a benefit many Rockhurst students take advantage of
- Numerous pre-professional programs that prepare students to achieve an advanced degree
Helzberg School of Management:
The Helzberg School of Management is dedicated to developing leaders of competence and conscience. Helzberg School business majors can choose to specialize in: accounting, business administration, data science, economics, finance, economics, international business, management, marketing and more. Some tracks even have further specialization. The Helzberg School curriculum blends theory and application through projects, simulations and team-based activities.
College of Health and Human Services:
The College of Health and Human Services administers several undergraduate areas of study. These programs are highly focused on developing practical knowledge and skills. Many programs require externships or internships, clinical work and research. These hands-on experiences make Rockhurst graduates some of the best-prepared in Kansas City.
Areas of study within CHHS include education, communication sciences and disorders, criminal justice, sport science and leadership studies.
Mike Theobald, Director of Career Services