Frequently asked questions
International Student Services
ADMISSION TO ROCKHURST
We are here to assist you in the Admission process . To apply for admission as a first time college student, send the following documentation to Rockhurst. Please submit application materials by May 1 for fall admission and Oct. 1 for spring admission. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If transferring from another U.S. institution, the deadlines and some requirements may not apply. Contact email@example.com Director of Transfer Admissions for more information.
- Complete an online admission application or download and print* an application (PDF) to send in.
- $50 (USD) application fee (for paper applications only)
- Counselor's written recommendation
- ACT or SAT test score. Applicants must either take the American College Testing Program (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). A minimum ACT composite and English category score of 20 or minimum SAT score of 950 is required.
- TOEFL test score. Students from non-English-speaking countries must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). A minimum paper-based score of 550, a computer-based score of 213 or an internet-based score of 80 is required. Applicants may complete an Intensive English Program in Kansas City or elsewhere to help prepare for the TOEFL.
- Provide an Official Statement of Financies directly from a bank or financial institution.
- Official high school academic credentials, translated into English if necessary. Rockhurst recommends Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and requires a "course-by-course" report. Fill out and print an online ECE application.
- If transferring from a U.S. college or university, applicant must complete a supplemental form.
- Download and print* supplemental form (PDF)
- International students/scholars are required to purchase the Rockhurst University sponsored health plan. The cost of the insurance plan will automatically be charged to the student's account.
Tuition and Financial Aid
International students must be responsible for payment of their entire education. United States laws prevent international students from having jobs in the U.S. at any time during their four years as students.
International students/scholars are required to purchase the Rockhurst University sponsored health plan. The cost of the insurance plan will automatically be be charged to the students account.
Although international students are not eligible for state or federal financial aid, undergraduate applicants may be eligible for merit scholarships of $9,500-20,000. Scholarships based on athletics, performing arts and writing also are available in varying amounts. To find out if you qualify, contact an admission counselor at 800-842-6776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documentation should be sent to:
Office of Admission
1100 Rockhurst Rd.
Kansas City, Mo. 64110-2561