Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a Philosophy major will:
- Explains the philosophical and ethical concepts and theories of outstanding philosophers and/or historically important theories.
- Analyzes the central arguments of philosophical texts.
- Evaluates critical interpretations of important philosophical texts.
- Synthesizes his or her own critical interpretation of important philosophical texts, taking into consideration significant philosophical issues, traditions, and critiques of the texts.
- Evaluates rightness of conduct concerning moral and social issues according to ethical theories and methods.