Leadership Studies Overview
- At Rockhurst, your study of leadership won’t be limited to the business world; rather, you’ll explore a broader view of leadership that is more widely applicable.
- You don’t have to wait for graduate school to study leadership. Rockhurst offers one of only a few undergraduate programs in Leadership Studies in the nation. You can choose the program that’s best for you: a major, a minor or a certificate.
- You’ll enroll in evening courses. If you’re a traditional student, you’ll have the freedom to pursue daytime job opportunities and other activities. For working adults, the program is carefully designed to present minimal disruption to your busy life.
- You’ll have accelerated courses to choose from. Convenient half-semester courses require your focus and dedication, and will teach you to first lead yourself.
- You’ll study leadership in the Jesuit tradition, an “others-centered” approach that has been preparing successful leaders for more than 450 years. This tradition calls for each of us to strive toward bringing out the best in others, to help others realize their fullest potential no matter their calling, abilities or disposition.
Leaders aren’t just supervisors and executives. Rockhurst University believes leaders are found in every walk of life and everyone serves as a leader in some way. As you build awareness of your personal leadership skills, you’ll be more effective and earn credibility, confidence and respect. Whether you’re a leader in business, government, nonprofit, community, church or family, Rockhurst’s degree in leadership studies is specifically designed to help you sharpen your focus on ethical decision-making, critical thinking and problem solving.
At Rockhurst, you can earn a major, minor or certificate in leadership studies. Required courses in the major are offered in the evening, many of them in accelerated half-semester sessions. You’ll build your leadership skills through team projects, prominent guest lecturers and service learning opportunities.
Rockhurst has been grooming leaders for nearly 100 years. The study of leadership in this Catholic, Jesuit tradition calls for students to help others realize their fullest potential.
Find out more
To learn more, call 816-501-4062 or e-mail email@example.com.