Occupational Therapy Life after Rockhurst
Rockhurst's OT graduates enjoy successful, rewarding careers in a rapidly growing field.
For those who graduated in 2012:
- The mean salary is $53,000
- Salary range is $40,000 - $70,000
- 60% had job offers before graduation
- 100% of graduates were working as an occupational therapist within 6 months of graduation.
- Graduates work with a wide range of ages from infants to older adults.
- 100% report being satisfied to highly satisfied with their first job as an OT.
OT is Growing Rapidly
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job outlook for occupational therapists will improve substantially in the next several years and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- Employment of occupational therapists is expected to increase much faster than the average for all occupations through 2016.
- Median annual earnings of occupational therapists were $75,940 in 2012.
- The demand for occupational therapists should continue to increase as a result of a rise in the number of people with disabilities and limited function, as well as the movement of baby-boomers into middle age.
High Pass Rate on National Board Exam
Rockhurst OT graduates consistently have a high success rate in passing the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) exam.
As Graduates, Rockhurst Students:
Create opportunities for independence in daily occupations
- Advocate for heatlhcare justice
- Serve as clinical educators for fieldwork students
- Share clinical expertise with our students in our classrooms
- Engage in lifelong learning
- Carry on our tradition of service.
- Are passionate about Occupational Therapy
|Pass Rate of National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Exam
|Year||Number of OT Grads||Number of First-Time Testers
||Number Who Passed - First Time||Pass Rate|
For most recent pass rates for the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy Exam, please visit: NBCOT