Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a Modern Languages major will:
- Demonstrate proficiency at the advanced level in communication skills in the target language (in listening, speaking, reading and writing) according to disciplinary standards.
- Exhibit understanding, appreciation and respect for another culture, with a focus on its literary and artistic expression.
- Show the ability to think critically, reflect on ideas and issues, and express creative responses to them in a foreign language.
- Articulate awareness of issues of social justice in the countries and regions of the target language.
- Demonstrate insight into one's own language