Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a Mathematics major will:
- Use mathematical arguments to reason.
- Solve problems in novel settings using mathematics.
- Independently read mathematics in order to engage in mathematical reasoning.
- Effectively communicate mathematical ideas in writing.
- Effectively communicate mathematical ideas orally.
- Independently use the computer as a numerical, graphical, algebraic tool to aid their mathematical reasoning
- Complete the Calculus 1, 2 and 3 sequence with a C or better.
- Complete an upper division course in linear algebra with a C or better.
- Complete one theoretical course with a C or better.