Master of Business Administration Admissions
1. Completed application for admission. Apply online for free or Download and Print (PDF)
2. Transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education evidencing conferral of a bachelor's degree. Official transcripts should be mailed to the address below or submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Director of Graduate Business Admission
Conway Hall, Room 201L
1100 Rockhurst Road
Kansas City, MO 64110-2561
3. Acceptable undergraduate GPA and Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) converted to a predicted GMAT score, by using the following formula: GPA multiplied by 200 plus GMAT score must equal 1050 or greater.
- GMAT and GRE scores must be taken within the last 5 years
- Regardless of undergraduate GPA, a minimum 450 GMAT or GRE conversion score is desired
- Prospective students who have not previously taken either exam are encouraged to take the GMAT
The GMAT requirement is waived for applicants who:
- Hold a terminal degree such as a JD, MD, DO, PhD, EdD, PharmD, or DDS.
- Hold a graduate degree (Masters level) and/or professional certification (i.e. CPA, CFA, CMA, CIA or CFP), with evidence of significant quantitative course work and a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.
- Graduated with a BSBA, BA in Economics, or Business minor within the past 5 years AND have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 both overall and in their major or minor business courses (course equivalent designations of AC, BUS, EC, FN, MG, MK) from Rockhurst University or another AACSB-accredited program.
An exemption may be made on a case by case basis if the applicant already has achieved a satisfactory score on a graduate entrance exam other than the GMAT or GRE (such as the MCAT or LSAT) within the last five years.
Meeting the above criteria does not guarantee admission into the Helzberg MBA program. Furthermore, students meeting the GPA/GMAT formula, but with a GPA less than 2.5 or a GMAT less than 450, may be asked to submit additional documentation, personal interview or take additional preparatory classes to be considered for admission. A score at or above the 25th percentile in the quantitative section of the GMAT is preferred.
International Students must also include:
- English translation of any undergraduate or graduate transcripts provided by one of the services below. The translation must by a detailed, course-by-course, U.S. equivalent of credit hours reflecting your cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale. It is important that the degree you received is indicated.
Transcript evaluation service companies
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
PO Box 11623
Chicago, IL 60611-0623
Additional documents may be required:
- Affidavit of financial support
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of current I-20 (depending on Visa type)
- Supplemental Information Form For International Students Currently Attending Other U.S. Institutions
- Official TOEFL score (minimum score of 550 required or Computer Based Testing Equivalent of 213). The TOEFL will be waived if you hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S. college or university or if your medium of instruction was in English.