Phi Alpha Theta
Phi Alpha Theta at Rockhurst (Alpha Alpha Chi chapter)
Phi Alpha Theta, the international honor society in history, whose mission is to promote the study of history through the encouragement of research, good teaching, publication and the exchange of learning and ideas among historians, established a chapter at Rockhurst University in 1983.
Activities in Alpha Alpha Chi chapter of Phi Alpha Theta include:
• Attending historical films
• "This Week in History” notices in the Rockhurst Daily News
• Attending Phi Alpha Theta regional conferences
• Field trips to local historical sites, including: the Negro Baseball Museum and Hall of Fame, the Nelson-Atkins Museum, the Liberty Memorial and Museum, the Truman Presidential Library and Museum, the Truman Homestead, the Arabia Steamboat Museum, and the National Jazz Museum.
Eligibility Requirements for Phi Alpha Theta:
• At least 12 semester hours of college-level history courses
• 3.1 GPA in history courses
• 3.0 GPA overall GPA
Interested in Phi Alpha Theta? All history majors should consider joining. Students majoring in other disciplines but interested in history are welcome as well. Contact Dr. Carraway at Joanna.Carraway@Rockhurst.edu
For more on the national Phi Alpha Theta organization, go to the website: www.phialphatheta.org