Engineering and Computing Program
Rockhurst has partnered with the University of Missouri-Kansas City to offer an engineering and computing program, housed within RU's department of mathematics and the department of physics. The program is composed of five Bachelor of Science degree options:
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Computer science
- Information technology
Students take classes on both campuses, which are just a short walking distance from each other. Math, physics and core liberal arts curriculum are taken at Rockhurst, with specialized courses at UMKC.
Both universities have outstanding reputations in academics, student life and graduate success. Our program gives you the best of both worlds - a degree that will take you anywhere, built on the foundation of Rockhurst's Jesuit education.
Graduates with these degrees are in high demand. This need, coupled with the foundation of a Rockhurst education, puts you in the driver's seat when choosing where you want to work.
Top 5 Reasons to Choose our Partnership Program
1. AN IDEAL LOCATION. Kansas City is the fourth largest engineering hub in the United States, with five local firms that rank among the top 50 most successful in the nation.
2. ONE OF A KIND. UMKC offers the only accredited engineering program in Kansas City.
3. JESUIT TRADITION. A Rockhurst education is holistic, preparing you to lead, shape and change the world around you.
4. DOUBLE THE RESOURCES. As an ECIT student, you have access to academic and student life resources on both campuses.
5. IMMEDIATE IMMERSION. Take engineering or IT courses during your first semester in the program.
EngineeringDegree.com is used as a comprehensive online resource by current and prospective students who are thinking about getting a career in engineering. The site offers complete information on making the right decisions about your education that will prepare you for an engineering career including resource articles and a directory that inform students with the available engineering programs for different colleges and universities.