Communication Sciences & Disorders Requirements
- An undergraduate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders from an accredited college or university; or an undergraduate degree in another discipline plus appropriate leveling coursework in communication sciences and disorders that prepare students for entry into the Master of Science program. Undergraduate preparation should consist of at least 36 semester credit hours and reflect a well-integrated program
- Completion of the pre-requisite courses in biological, physical, and behavioral sciences and statistics as required by ASHA for application for certification. (See following)
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) and a 3.00 or better in the undergraduate major are recommended.
- Completion of the GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- Submit two official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Complete the essay.
- Submit three recommendations, two academic and one professional.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and appropriate interpersonal skills.
- A personal interview with the CSD faculty may be required.
- Demonstrate the ability to fulfill the essential functions of the profession.
- All other requirements for admission to graduate study.
(Note: Requirements may be subject to change without notice.)