Rockhurst students are encouraged to study abroad through accredited programs that literally open the classroom door to the world. A variety of well-established programs are available in many locations around the world through a number of affiliated universities and study abroad providers.
For more information email the Study Abroad Office.
Paivi Bybee, Study Abroad Adviser
Van Ackeren 213
Tuesday— 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
or by appointment
Rockhurst University Programs
In addition to the large number of programs available through study abroad providers, Rockhurst offers three programs of international study through the Department of Modern Languages and Literature:
Students experience the culture and excitement of Rennes, France while gaining French language proficiency and valuable insights through first-hand experience.
Students earn academic credit, stay with a Spanish family and travel to areas of interest several weekends during the program.
Forms and Information
Study Abroad Application (PDF)
Pre-approval of Study Abroad Credit (PDF)
Study Abroad To-Do Checklist (PDF)
Culture Shock Information (PDF)
Helpful Tips & Packing Checklist (PDF)
Safety Guidelines (PDF)
Additional Study Abroad Resources
The following are links to resources that will help you start planning your study abroad experience.
Approved Jesuit Study Abroad Programs:
- Argentina: Casa Mateada — Loyola Marymount University
- Burkina Faso: Reading West Africa – Santa Clara University
- China: The Beijing Center
- El Salvador: Casa de la Solidaridad – Santa Clara University
- England: London Study Program – Fordham University
- Italy: The Italy Center – Spring Hill College
- Italy: The John Felice Rome Center – Loyola University (Chicago)
- Philippines: Casa Bayanihan – University of San Francisco
- Spain: Madrid Campus – St. Louis University
- Spain: Universidad de Deusto
- Vietnam: Loyola Vietnam Program – Loyola-Chicago
- Zambia (Southern Africa): Gonzaga in Chimfunshi (Chimpanzee Orphange) – Gonzaga University
Approved Study Abroad Providers:
- The Alliance for Global Education (China)
- Arcadia University-College of Global Studies
- Boston University
- IAU France, Spain and Morocco
- Institute for Studies Abroad – Butler University (IFSA)
- International Study Abroad (ISA)
- Learning Abroad Center - University of Minnesota
- Semester at Sea
- School for International Training
Financing Study Abroad:
Students studying abroad are registered as full-time Rockhurst students, and may apply Federal financial aid toward the cost of studying abroad. Students may receive transfer credit for elective, core, or major courses, keeping their programs of study on track while experiencing diverse cultures. Contact the Director of Study Abroad to learn about available programs and for assistance in the application process.
Below are links to other websites that may be helpful in identifying financial resources for study abroad opportunities.
Financial Aid for Study Abroad: An Undergraduate Student's Resource
Study Abroad Funding