Rockhurst students are encouraged to study abroad through accredited programs that literally open the classroom door to the world. A variety of well-established programs are available in many locations around the world through a number of affiliated universities and study abroad providers.
For more information email the Study Abroad Office.
Rockhurst University Programs
In addition to the large number of programs available through study abroad providers, Rockhurst offers three programs of international study through the Department of Modern Languages and Literature:
Students may attend a summer program of intensive study in Spanish at several locations in Mexico, including Oaxaca, Puebla, Merida, and Xalapa.
Students experience the culture and excitement of Rennes, France while gaining French language proficiency and valuable insights through first-hand experience.
Students earn academic credit, stay with a Spanish family and travel to areas of interest several weekends during the program.
Forms and Information
Study Abroad Application (PDF)
Pre-approval of Study Abroad Credit (PDF)
Study Abroad To-Do Checklist (PDF)
Culture Shock Information (PDF)
Helpful Tips & Packing Checklist (PDF)
Safety Guidelines (PDF)
Additional Study Abroad Resources
The following are links to resources that will help you start planning your study abroad experience.
Approved Jesuit Study Abroad Programs:
- Burkina Faso: Reading West Africa – Santa Clara University
- China: The Beijing Center
- El Salvador: Casa de la Solidaridad – Santa Clara University
- England: London Study Program – Fordham University
- Italy: The Italy Center – Spring Hill College
- Italy: The John Felice Rome Center – Loyola University (Chicago)
- Philippines: Casa Bayanihan – University of San Francisco
- Spain: Madrid Campus – St. Louis University
- Spain: Universidad de Deusto
- Vietnam: Loyola Vietnam Program – Loyola-Chicago
- Zambia (Southern Africa): Gonzaga in Chimfunshi (Chimpanzee Orphange) – Gonzaga University
Approved Study Abroad Providers:
- The Alliance for Global Education (China)
- Arcadia University-College of Global Studies
- Boston University
- Institute for Studies Abroad – Butler University (IFSA)
- International Study Abroad (ISA)
- School for International Training
Other Providers (approved on an individual case basis):
- The American Institute for Education Abroad (AIFS)
- CIEE International Study Programs
- International Student Travel Confederation
Financing Study Abroad:
Financial Aid for Study Abroad: An Undergraduate Student's Resource
Study Abroad Funding