Heartland Delta Conference
Heartland-Delta Conference VII
Thursday, May 28, 2015 • 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
What is Heartland-Delta?
Heartland-Delta is comprised of 12 Jesuit colleges and universities in the central and southern regions of the United States. They have been gathering for a regular conference hosted by one of the institutions on a rotating basis for more than 20 years. These gatherings serve as an essential venue for dialogue and learning about issues related to Jesuit education and our shared mission.
This year’s conference will be a teleconference hosted here at Rockhurst University.
Conference Theme: “Balancing Our Economic Realities with Our Call to the Margins”
• Fr. Greg Boyle, S.J., Founder and Executive Director, Homeboy Industries
• Sr. Peggy O’Neill, S.C., Director of the Centre of the Arts for Peace in El Salvador
• Fr. Rick Malloy, S.J., Acting Director of Campus Ministries, University of Scranton
• Dr. Raymond F. Reyes, Assoc. Academic Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer,
• Dr. Antoine M. Garibaldi, President of University of Detroit-Mercy
Who will attend: Approximately 800 faculty and staff from 12 Jesuit colleges and universities
Format: This “virtual” conference will include 15 minute pre-recorded talks, small group discussion and reflection, feedback through teleconferencing with the other AJCU colleges/universities. It is hoped that this format might be a model for future collaborations.
How will the conference open? Conference will open with a brief interfaith prayer service on the Rockhurst campus, followed by a teleconference welcome to all schools.
How will the conference close? The conference will close with a president’s reception on the Rockhurst campus.