The University Planning & Budgeting Committee (UPBC)
The University Planning and Budgeting Committee [UPBC] is a standing committee reporting directly to the president, Thomas B. Curran.
Committee responsibilities include:
- Manage the university budget process;
- Orchestrate a broadly participative university planning process to develop Strategic Plan 2007-2012; and
- Successfully implement Strategic Plan 2007-2012 using annual Planning, Budgeting and Accountability [PBA] Cycles that rationally and efficiently allocate available resources to achieve strategic goals and objectives.
AY 2012-2013 members of the UPBC include:
- Jeffrey Breese – Interim VP for Academic Affairs [and UPBC Co-Chair]
- Guy Swanson – VP for Finance & Administration [and UPBC Co-Chair]
- Ellen Spake – Mission and Ministry
- Tim McDonald – Dean, College of Arts & Sciences
- Cheryl McConnell – Dean, Helzberg School of Management
- Jim Millard – Interim Dean, College of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Nancy DeBasio – Dean, Research College of Nursing
- Paula Shorter – Chair-elect of the Faculty Senate
- Myles Gartland – faculty member from the Helzberg School of Management
- Kris Vacek – faculty member from the School of Graduate and Professional Studies
- Laura Salem – faculty member from the College of Arts & Sciences
- Tony Tocco – faculty member from the Helzberg School of Management
- Maureen McKinnon – Interim Director of Financial Aid
- Matt Quick – Dean of Students and VP of Student Development/Athletics
- Matt Heinrich – Associate VP for Facilities and Technology
- Bob Grant – VP of Advancement
- Lane Ramey – Associate VP for Enrollment Management
- Gary Burns – Director of Athletics
- Rachel Lierz – Controller
- Niles Patterson – Chair of the Staff Advisory Council
- Wendy Pickel – Institutional Research Coordinator
- Kris Pace – Financial Analyst and Committee Recorder
The Planning and Budgeting Committee meets at least twice each month during the academic year, and monthly during the summer.
Any member of the university community preparing and submitting a proposal for consideration by the Planning and Budgeting Committee is encouraged to use a Template for Submission of a New Initiative for UPBC Review (PDF) forwarded through one of the committee members listed above.