The Rockhurst University Community Center exists to serve the unmet needs of residents in our neighborhood with particular emphasis on learning, leadership and service in the Jesuit tradition.
Rockhurst University is committed to inspiring hope in the lives of residents in our immediate neighborhood, with specific emphasis on the 49-63 neighborhood, and to building partnerships with neighborhood organizations. Our goals for the Community Center include:
- To create and extend free recreational and educational opportunities to neighborhood residents.
- To expand community service projects focused on meeting the needs of neighborhood residents.
- To develop working partnerships with members of our shared community.
- To encourage, support and promote participation in the daily life and events of Rockhurst by community members.
Hours of Operation
The Community Center is open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday – Saturday. The Community Center is closed on Sundays, holidays or anytime the University is closed.
McGruff Safe House
The Community Center serves as a safe haven for children who need help or in case of an emergency. For more information, call 816-501-4306 or email email@example.com.
Meeting space is available for neighborhood organizations and nonprofit agencies. The community meeting room has the capacity to hold up to and must not exceed 60 people. The kitchen and computer lobby may be reserved for small groups. Meetings may be scheduled during the hours of 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Monday – Saturday.
Process to reserve a meeting space:
- Contact Sharon Alexander at 816-501-4895 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Alicia Douglas at 816-501-4306 or email@example.com to see if the space is available on the date needed.
- Submit your application online to reserve a meeting room and review our policies.
- An automatic reply will be sent if your application has been submitted successfully.
- You will receive confirmation of your room request within five business days.
View the rooms here.
Community Center Contributors
Special thanks to Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation; Francis Families Foundation; Rose Teicher Estate; H&R Block Foundation; Merchant, Merchant and Robinson Fund; Rockhurst University Regents; Ms. Barbara Bailey; Firstar; Oppenstein Brothers Foundation; Henry Wurst Family Foundation; and Edward F. Swinney Foundation.