Run, Hide, Fight
Run, Hide, Fight is Rockhurst's protocol when there may be some risk to the campus community.
- Have an escape route and plan in mind.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Keep your hands visible.
- Hide in an area out of the shooter's view.
- Block entry to your hiding place and lock the door.
- Silence your cell phone and/or pager.
- As a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger.
- Act with aggression and throw items at the active shooter.
- Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
If you can make a phone call without attracting attention, contact Security (ext. 4010) from a campus land line or 816-501-4010 from your cell phone. Or, send a text message to a friend and ask that person to make the call.